New challenges for automated production of multi layer piezo actuators
Dr. Udo Kreißig
Director Technology & Manufacturing Planning
Due to the new legislation period for emissions, the OEMs and especially the automotive suppliers have to meet the challenge to reach the newly set goals for emissions. In addition the latest publications in the area of Diesel cars exert additional pressure. These facts are an important inducement of highly efficient combustion solutions based on injection systems. Therefore, with the new Piezo Common Rail -s5 System Continental provide the newest and most efficient system in this area, which is prepared for injection pressure of 2500 bar and higher and up to 7 injections per turn. In this injection system Continental provide the first fully active piezo stack all over the world.
The technology for production of this kind of stack is as new as challenging. That is why a strong cooperation with the equipment supplier was necessary and a strong network of cooperation was created. Some absolutely new tasks in the area of manufacturing and automation have to be done like partially polyimide application, laser structuring guided by visual inspection system in a micron area and soldering and silver gluing in a micron area. By Continental developed technology was well and in time integrated by the supplier Xenon and generates high quality of the parts in mass production.
- 1995-2001 TU-Chemnitz mechanical engineering
- 2001-2005 dissertation mechanical engineering
- 2005-2007 Volkswagen Mechatronic - Test Engineer
- 2007-2008 Volkswagen Mechatronic - Head of Development
- 2008-2009 Continental - Head of technology development of Piezo Actuator
- 2009 -2012 Continental - Head of Industrialization Diesel Injector
- Since 2012 Continental - Director Technology & Manufacturing Planning Diesel Injector